Meier Clinics' Day Program is designed for adults, 18 years and older, who are struggling with depression, anxiety, grief, compulsions, codependency, stress, dysfunctional relationships, trauma, PTSD and many other issues. This is a structured counseling program designed to be less restrictive than hospital programs while providing the high level of care needed to resolve life crises. This comprehensive program includes educational and life skills classes, problem-solving group sessions and individual therapy. Many Meier Clinics Day Programs also include psychotropic medication evaluations and monitoring.
Designed for You
The Day Program is appropriate if you want more intensive therapy than is available through regular outpatient therapy. More intensive treatment may be desirable when you're not progressing satisfactorily in outpatient counseling, when you need to move through issues more quickly during an immediate crisis, or as a step-down from hospital/residential care. Treatment is customized to meet your individual, unique needs.
If you fall within the following criteria, the Day Program may be an ideal treatment option. If you think the Day Program may be right for you, call our Intake staff at 888-7 CLINIC for a personal assessment. They can help you determine what level of care is best for your personal situation.
- You are 18 years old, out of high school, and coming on a voluntary basis.
- You are struggling with depression, anxiety, mood swings, trauma, eating disorder, or a behavioral disorder but are still able to function with every day activities.
- You exhibit adequate control over your behavior and are not in immediate danger to yourself or others.
- You have become "stuck" in outpatient therapy and need more intensive help to progress, or you need a step-down from hospital or residential care.
- You are not chronically mentally ill, such as having a diagnosis of schizophrenia, nor are you significantly affected by delusions or hallucinations.
- You are not dependent on drugs or alcohol, nor have an extensive history of recurrent abuse.
- There is no significant physical limitation or malady that would prevent you from attending daily (Monday - Friday).
- Your treatment is not court ordered nor are there legal charges pending against you.
Our treatment team must consider various factors regarding potential admissions, and we ultimately strive to ensure that a caller is referred to a treatment option that is most appropriate given all of the individual's needs.
Group Counseling Sessions
Group Counseling is a powerful and key component of the Day Program. Benefits you will experience through the Group Sessions include:
- Integrating the spiritual, emotional and relational aspects of your life.
- Discovering where you are right now and setting realistic goals for where you would like to be.
- Learning how to establish healthy boundaries with yourself and others.
- Gaining insight about yourself through interaction with others in the group process.
- Learning and developing effective communication and interrelationship skills.
- Sharing feelings and learning from other clients in a safe, controlled environment.
Individual Session benefits you will enjoy from meeting one-on-one with your counselor include:
- Clarifying personal problems and issues.
- Understanding developmental issues related to your relationship difficulties and emotional problems.
- Learning, practicing and developing new coping skills that are practical and applicable to your every day life.
- Achieving more personal insight through writing, reading and various "homework" assignments.
- Discovering family of origin issues that have contributed to unhealthy choices and life styles.
- Preparing for discharge and aftercare to continue the healing process.
Still have questions?
If you would like to know more about whether the Day Program would be a good fit for you or a loved one, our caring intake staff would love to help. You can call the intake department nearest you at 1-888-7CLINIC or you can email us.